All children need healthy meals to help them learn. The Woodburn School District Nutrition Services offers students tasty, healthy, balanced meals every school day for both Breakfast and Lunch at no charge to students. Our friendly, knowledgeable School Nutrition Professionals serve over 8235 meals and snacks per day. Besides serving Breakfast,Lunch & Dinner at each of the 7 district school sites, we also prepare meals and/or snacks for the children in the Creative Learning Center at Woodburn High School, the Success Alternative High School, and the students of Arthur Academy.
Woodburn Nutrition Services beleive in the children of our community. We are here to help provide the nourishment they need to grow both in body and mind, so that they may achieve the challenging goals they set.
|New Meal Pattern|
| • Woodburn students find healthy choices in their school cafeterias.
• Woodburn is serving school meals that meet tough new federal
nutrition standards, ensuring that meals are healthy, well-balanced and
provide students all the nutrition they need to succeed at school.
• School meals offer students milk, fruits and vegetables, proteins and
grains, and they must meet strict limits for saturated fat and portion size.
• Starting this fall, school lunches will meet additional standards requiring:
• Age-appropriate calorie limits
• Larger servings of vegetables and fruits
• A wider variety of vegetables (including dark green and red/orange
vegetables and legumes)
• Fat-free or 1% milk
• More whole grains
• And less sodium
• School meals are a great value and a huge convenience for busy families.
• Our school lunches are still served at No Charge to all students. To meet
the new regulations & to continue serving the students at No Charge, all
students must take at least one ½ cup serving of fruit and/or vegetables
with their lunch. This serving will be counted toward the 3 of 5 meal
components needed to make a reimbursable meal.
• Woodburn School District Nutrition Services is always working to offer
Woodburn students healthier and tastier choices.
|What's To Eat ?|
| May Menus:
After School Dinner
Creative Learning Center
High School Bkf/Lunch
Menu' de este mes
May Nutrition Information:
After School Dinner
Middle School Lunch
Got Food on the Brain ?
Try one of these funfilled, informative websites:
WSD Coordinated Health